Student Technology Usage Agreement
The use of Great Lakes Christian High School laptops and other student technology is intended for educational activities. As a result, a teacher may choose when and if to have students use their laptops for student work. All other devices are turned into the technology bin at the start of class/chapel.
The use of all technology (computers, phones, gaming devices, social media etc.) must be consistent with the school’s educational and spiritual objectives. This technology usage agreement is used along with our current GLCHS Student Handbook.
Students will only use A.I. tools as agreed upon with the teacher. Unauthorized use of A.I. tools is treated as academic dishonesty and may result in a zero grade for the assignment or a loss of credit.
Expectations of students include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use of GLCHS computer equipment and access to the network is granted to the undersigned only. The undersigned should never allow another person to use his or her individual username or password for any reason. Likewise, the undersigned should never use or give bank information that is not their own. GLCHS is not in any way responsible to recover these types of lost funds. Use of credit cards, debit cards, gift cards that do not belong to the student constitutes theft and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Software should be used only in accordance with its license agreement. The undersigned agrees to abide by the licensing agreements between GLCHS and its vendors. Students must not install software of any kind without permission and supervision.
- Students will not purposefully damage or destroy computer equipment, software, or systems. Any damage to computer equipment should be reported to the IT Manager.
- A valid credit card imprint will be given for up to $1,000 for laptop/textbook/dorm room/fob etc. damagge. Parents will be given 7 days notice before any charges are made. Any damage (not covered by our current computer warranty) or loss of school equipment due to negligence is the responsibility of the student. Parents will be charged for unreturned devices.
- Students are expected to use email, Teams, Edsby and social media with good judgment and be aware that email messages are not confidential, and privacy cannot be guaranteed. Students are prohibited from:
- Sending, responding, or forwarding electronic/digital (includes social media) communication that contains defamatory, offensive, obscene, or racist remarks.
- Sending, responding, or forwarding electronic/digital (includes social media) communication intended to harass, intimidate or embarrass another person.
- Disguising their identity in an attempt to be dishonest when sending, responding, or forwarding electronic/digital (includes social media) communication.
- Visit potentially dangerous websites that compromise the safety or integrity of GLCHS computers or network.
- GLCHS is not responsible for personal files stored on school computers. The undersigned is responsible for saving his/her personal files onto his/her own storage media (USB, Cloud, external hard drive).
- GLCHS may periodically monitor any transmission over its computing, communication, or information system for maintenance, service quality assurance, and/or any purpose required by the school.
- Only North American students are permitted to take the computer home over the Summer Break. The IT department will require the laptops at the start of the school year for updates.
- Graduating or non-returning students must return their laptop before the last exam.